This week in regional energy news …
- Cape Wind may face delays that prevent it from reaching its 2015 target for initial generation of electricity.
- A two-year renewable energy biomass plant project in Connecticut will receive $225 million in financing from the Carlyle Group and SAIC.
- Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick has withdrawn the state’s request for a review of NStar’s rates in advance of that state approving a merger between Boston-based NSTar and Connecticut-based Northeast Utilities.
- Dead River Co. will purchase the home heating division of Webber Energy Fuels, with approximately 100,000 accounts. Both are Maine companies.
- Gestamp Solar, of Spain, has purchased a solar farm in Southern Vermont. The $10 million purchase is for the development’s 2.2 MW of capacity.